The Wienermobile invades the Lowcountry
The Wienermobile and beer make appearances in the next few days.
As I blogged about last time, this past Saturday was a ballpark brewfest at the Joe.
Asheville, NC may be known as Beer City USA, but Charleston isn’t far behind. Breweries are popping up everywhere in the Lowcountry. Since we’re in the peak season, a cold beer is a logical addition to the fridge in your beach house.
If you’re here right now, there’s a kinda kooky (but fun) beer-related event happening today.
It’s called Biscuit and Brews, and it’s located at Commonhouse Aleworks. Basically you are encouraged to use the spent grains from Low Tide and make your very best biscuit. DOG biscuit, that is. It’s a fundraiser for the fine folks at Pet Helpers, a local no kill animal rescue shelter.
The competition kicks off at 5:00 p.m.
The fun stretches all afternoon though, from 3:00 till 6:00. There will be plenty of beer, food trucks a’plenty, and raffles to boot.
Commonhouse is located at 4831 O’Hear Avenue in North Charleston. The beer part of the event’s best for those folks 21 and over, but the rest is family friendly. Since Pet Helpers is involved, chances are there will be some adorable four-legged friends on site.
Here’s more from their Facebook event page.
Keep an eye peeled for the Wienermobile!
What’s summer without hot dogs? And what is America without over-the-top, oversized tacky marketing gimmicks?
Well, one of the best is making an appearance near Charleston. It’s making several appearances, actually, and it will be hard to miss.
It’s the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, a gigantic hot dog on wheels that travels the country spreading joy and hot dog love.
The Wienermobile has been around for quite some time. In fact, the first one was built in 1936! It’s 27 feet long – roughly the length of 60 hot dogs.
It will be appearing in all its glory at area Publix grocery stores. Publix is a great place to buy groceries to fill your fridge, freezer and pantry. So while grocery shopping, why not take a selfie with a true American icon?
The Wienermobile will be hosting games and giveaways like coupons Wiener Whistles, and hot dogs.
Here is the schedule for the Wienermobile’s stops:
- 8/23 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Publix Super Market at Queensborough Shopping Center 1000 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt. Pleasant
- 8/23 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Merchants Village 520 Folly Road, Charleston
- 8/24 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Palmetto Pavilion 8409 Dorchester Road, Suite 104, North Charleston
- 8/24 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.– West Ashley Place 3642 Savannah Highway, Suite 132, Johns Island
- 8/25 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Oakbrook Shopping Center 1575 Old Trolley Road, Summerville
- 8/25 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Paradise Shoppes of Summerville 1585 Central Ave. Unit A, Summerville
- 8/26 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – The Market at Cane Bay 1724 State Road, Summerville
- 8/26 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – St. Saint James Ave., Suite C, Goose Creek
Read more about the Wienermobile and its appearances in the Lowcountry at Live 5 News.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger