Pre-Fourth fun, better gas prices near our SC vacation rentals
We’re fast approaching the peakest of the peak week for SC vacation rentals. Fourth of July is prime time to be in one of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals. There will be plenty of fireworks displays and patriotic fun near your Charleston beach house on the day itself, Wednesday. I’ll cover that in the next blog.
But the weekend before has a lot going on as well. More about that in a minute.
First up, there is a bit of good news on the gas front.
Gas prices near our rental homes South Carolina are often in the news. And the reason is a good one. They are among the lowest in the country.
Yet another reason to choose one of our SC vacation rentals
Gas prices have been on quite a ride these past few years. Check out the average prices per gallon of regular unleaded in South Carolina for the week of June 25th of the last five years:
- $3.23/g in 2013.
- $3.39/g in 2014
- $2.45/g in 2015
- $2.00/g in 2016
- $1.93/g in 2017
So far this year, prices at the pump have taken a rise again. However, nationally the average price dropped six cents during the last two weeks, landing at $2.95. That’s the first price drop in four months.
Here in South Carolina, the price per gallon fell four cents from just last week.
Where is the lowest gas price in the contiguous 48 states? Charleston, SC. The average here is $2.44 a gallon.
The highest is in the Bay Area around San Francisco, coming in at a whopping $3.79 per gallon.
Even if you fly to your luxury house on Isle of Palms, chances are you’ll still be driving around the Lowcountry in a rental or maybe a friend’s or family member’s car. Lowest gas prices in the country – yet another great reason to choose beach rentals Charleston for your summer vacay.
To track down the lowest price near your beach house Charleston, check out the handy app by Live 5 News. It shows the latest local news and weather as well as the lowest gas prices in the Lowcountry, available for iPhone and Android. They also have a gas price feature on their website.
And here’s more on the story from Live 5 News.
Pre Fourth events near our SC vacation rentals
There are a couple fun things going on this weekend near our luxury beach house rentals SC.
Friday (tonight): Party at the Point – the official season finale featuring live music by Sol Driven Train and Fusion Jonez (jazz/funk fusion).
- Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina, 20 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant.
- 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- Presented by Ear for Music, 105.5 The Bridge, 98 Rock, Bud Light and Naked Turtle Rum.
- Drink specials and food available for purchase.
- Kids welcome, but not dogs. Kids 12 and under free. $8 general admission. Free parking along the road, or $15 in the gated resort area.
- Official after-party at Red’s Ice House on Shem Creek.
- Technically it’s not the actual last one, since Homegrown Night from a couple of weeks ago got rained out. Rain date is next Friday, July 6th. So if you can’t make it tonight, check out Guilt Ridden Troubadour and Sideshow Americans next Friday.
Sunday: Fourth Annual Stars & Guitars concert – Boone Hall Plantation
- Nashville music comes to the Lowcountry! Headliner Kip Moore (“Somethin’ About a Truck,”), Russell Dickerson and Riley Green,
- The famous Budweiser’s Clydesdale horses! This alone is worth the price of admission.
- $25 advance; $35 at-the-gate; $100 VIP; ages 8 years and younger are free. Bring blankets and chairs but not pets, coolers or tents. Food and bevs available for purchase.
- Gates open at 4:30 p.m., music starts at 6:00
Read more in the Post & Courier about these two events and others going on this weekend.
So remember, when you are looking for beach house rentals Charleston SC – namely Isle of Palms vacation rentals, contact EP. We have the best ones around.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger